After some Summer-like temps this weekend, we had a glorious morning in the 50s!
7 crisp easy paced miles through the park.
and some fresh flowers for the kitchen.
The cooler temps also mean that it’s dark during my early morning runs again.
Here are a few tips to help you stay safe during your early morning/late night runs.
1. Wear reflective clothing.
I also love the reflectivity of Saucony’s Viziglo material.
2. If you can, take your cellphone with you. (Also, the flashlight on the iphone can help when you’re in a pinch.)
3. Wear or carry a light. (I run with a headlamp during the winter.) My husband really wanted to capture this super-cool moment last winter. I’ve found that the Amphipod reflective vests fit me best.
4. Run on the left side of the road.
5. Seek out well-lit run routes.
6. Don’t listen to music.
7. Always have identification on you. I wear a Road ID on my shoe.
8. Make sure you tell someone where you’re running and what time you’ll return.
9. Run with a friend or group.
10. Pay attention to your surroundings.
11. Trust your instincts. If something feels unsafe, don’t do it.
Everyone please stay safe out there!
What am I forgetting on my list of safety tips?
Do you take spin classes or indoor cycling?