I’m suffering from a case of the post-race blues today…blah.
So, here are some funnies to cheer me up…and hopefully you, too!
When people asked me my race goal.
How I felt at the starting line.
During the race.
At the finish.
My post-race appetite.
And now today….I only had 7 miles on the calendar and wasn’t sure what to do with myself.
It’s about to turn cold again in Nashville, so I have to include this list…thank you Shyla!!
14 Thoughts Every Runner Has During A Cold Run
1. That feeling you get when the first snowflakes of the season start to come down.
2. But then you step outside and realize, wait, maybe I should wear full tights instead.
3. You’re a mile in and the regret starts to sink in. Maybe it’s time to turn around now.
4. But then you just start pleading for any kind of help.
5. Oops! Patch of ice.
6. You fall and think, “Maybe if I don’t get up, I won’t be hurt.”
7. Everything hurts! You can’t feel anything.
8. You look down at your watch and you’re not even halfway done.
9. Ok, it’s time to turn back.
10. You finally get home but are so delirious from the wind, cold, and snow that you can’t see.
11. A nice hot shower will feel so good… not!
12. Your friend doesn’t understand why anyone would go out in this weather – especially for a run.
13. You try to explain, it really wasn’t so bad.
14. Then you look at the calendar and realize it’s still fall.
from Runner’s World
Alright, that’s enough funny clips. I cheered myself up A LOT making this one! Happy Tuesday y’all:)
Do you get the post-race blues? What’s your cure? I’m meeting friends on the track in the morning!
Is it cold where you live? It’s been unseasonably warm here in TN, but it’s about to get colder…eek!
How are you doing on your Christmas shopping/decorating? I’m still a work in progress. Hopefully I’ll post some Christmas pics in the next few days!